In this episode, we speak to Miriam Udel, Associate Professor of Yiddish Language, Literature, and Culture at Emory University and editor and translator of Honey on the Page: A Treasury of Yiddish Children’s Literature. Miriam discusses the project of Yiddish children’s literature, explaining the political ideas and questions of identity circulating in these texts.
Learn more about Miriam’s work at miriamudel.com
Learn more at www.joyandconversationpodcast.com
Follow Joy and Conversation on social media:
YouTube- Joy and Conversation
Joy and Conversation is hosted by Dan Osborn
Music supervision, editing mixing, and mastering by Nico Rivers (www.nicoriversrecording.com)
Website design by Jakob Lazzaro (www.jakoblazzaro.com)
This episode featured music from Blue Dot Sessions (www.sessions.blue).
- “Game Hens” from the album Confectionery
- “Darn that Weasel” from the album Love and Weasel
- ‘Morning Glare’ from the album Glass Obelisk
- ‘TwoPound’ from the album Muffuletta
- ‘Delion’ from the album Sketchbook 2
Episode photo by Dan Osborn